Wealth and diversity are two characteristic features of the hotel sector of the principality. Old palaces are witnesses of a magnificent past and incomparable luxury. Speaking as a symbol of the legendary era, they challenged time, and in place of yesterday’s traditions, their current reputation has grown. “Hotel de Paris” and “Hotel Hermitage” lead the story in their own way. The first – built in the last century, retained all the splendor of noble architecture, reflected in its hall, the Empire Hall, rooms and salons. The second – together with its neoclassical-style restaurant and the Winter Garden, creates a carefully guarded atmosphere of the “Beautiful era” of the 20th century. Of these two hotels, there is direct access to the Terrace Pool, which is implemented in the shape of a shell and filled with sea water. Continue reading
In April 1892, Prince Charles III adopted the project for the construction of earthen tennis courts proposed by Count Bertor. Arriving in the principality in 1863, accompanied by Francois Blanc, the managing director of the Society of Sea Baths, he was able to get a loan for the gambling establishment “Lawn Tennis” and playing croquet. Construction work on laying the foundation began in the month of May behind the building of the Hotel de Paris and lasted a whole year.
In 1905, the Sea Bath Society decided to build an additional building for the Hotel de Paris, and thus the tennis courts were forced to “move”. The success of the club forces OMV to start developing new courts in the La Condamine quarter, but the project to host the Monte Carlo Tennis Club in this central and highly visited area of the Principality could not be final. Continue reading